Monday, August 17, 2015

Sally Gal

Sally gal, don't doubt
Dylan's gonna soon find out
What you're all about.

"Sally Gal" is an outtake from the 1962 sessions for the album "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan." It is an extremely simple song as you can see:

- I'm gonna get you, Sally Gal. (x4)
- I'm a rambling kind of guy and I come and I go. Sally says it happens all the time.
- I'm gonna get you, Sally Gal. (x4)

It first appeared on volume 7 of the Bootleg Series, called "No Direction Home," named so for being the soundtrack to the Martin Scorsese documentary on Dylan of the same name.



1 comment:

  1. Hello there, Thank you for posting this analysis of a song from Bob Dylan's Music Box: http://thebobdylanproject.com/Song/id/537 Come and join us inside and listen to every song composed, recorded or performed by Bob Dylan, plus all the great covers streaming on YouTube, Spotify, Deezer and SoundCloud plus so much more... including this link.

    ReplyDelete