Sunday, July 12, 2015

Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)

You say you love me,
But you don't. You love him,
Though you say you don't.

"Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)" is a breakup song off the album "Blonde on Blonde" from 1966. Musically, it's well known for its distinctive trombone flourish between verses. Among musicians, it's well known because the guy who played the trombone played the bass at the same time as he blew on the horn. 

1. You say you love and and think of me: you might be wrong.
2. You want to hold me? Not that strong.
3. I can't beg you anymore.
4. Letting you go, and I'll go after you, and we'll see who wins.
5. You say you disturb me and don't disturb me. Of course, you're also a liar.
6. You say you're shakin'/achin', but you try too hard.
7. I'm through with you.
8. You say you're sorry for telling stories that I think are true.
9. One true story is the one you tell me about having another lover.
10. That's it for you and me.



1 comment:

  1. Hello there Robert, yes another interesting analysis of a song from Bob Dylan's Music Box http://thebobdylanproject.com/Song/id/421/Most-Likely-You-Go-Your-Way-and-Ill-Go-Mine Come and join us inside to listen to every version of every song composed, recorded or performed by Bob Dylan, plus all the great covers and so much more.

    ReplyDelete